Sunday 20 April 2014

Bottom Bracket Shell Facing with the Cyclus Tool (video)

It's been a while since I posted something to this blog but I've started a new bike build. I'm restoring my old Tifosi CK Columbus frame. One of the great things about Tifosi bikes is the quality paint jobs they gave their frames. The downside to that is that the bottom bracket shell will need facing before I can fit a modern Campy bottom bracket.


Cyclus make an (almost) affordable tool that makes this job possible for the amateur. Unlike a lot of the more expensive options that combine shell facing and thread cutting the Cyclus Bottom Bracket Shell Facing Tool is just for facing.




I couldn't find an online video and the instructions were lacking in pictures so I decided to make a video of the process. See what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment